Tuesday, November 10, 2009

[Phonebooth] New Song revealed

Phonebooth, who are having a concert this friday seem to be in preparation for their 2nd album. Through Pressian they revealed a new song. You can listen to it here.

Pressian about the lyrics and the contents:
The song 'Come To Fight' of Rockband Phonebooth who stands out recently, is more or less obscure but draws attention, expressing the heavy feelings of today with metaphorical expressions. If it is expressions like 'he who is as great as his reputation' or 'the New World inside the mirage', trying to substitute them for today's reality, Phonebooth' understanding of reality becomes clear. And lyrics saying 'for a moment a broken voice but it becomes tears again', becomes deeply important after all, connecting it with the Yongsan tragedy and the state after the media's way of rush work.

So one has no other choice but live with 'a sick fallen heart that has stopped', but they will never stop here. Saying “Let's go to fight to find 'the future in the lost time that melted with sweet words' and 'is spread in the garbage heap'” (Come to Fight), that is because it is Phonebooth' conclusion. This conclusion is led by nothing but 'honest tears hidden in the black clouds'. Even in this melancholy state they don't lose their conscience and are enduring a tough live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the link and it leads me back to this post. is there an add-on needed?

I read about the Yongsan tragedy only about a week ago. I feel so terrible for those people. And how much it's being dressed up to be like the citizens of that area were to blame for demonstrating. I wish those people the best, I can imagine that happening to my home and family and it's so awful. :[

I mean, it's really sad the the govt. sees it's people in terms of hierarchy and economic importance.

wassereis said...

no, I just forgot to put the address -_-;;
it should work now.

actually, I didn't know about it, I just read when I was translating this and wondering what the Yongsan tragedy was D: and yeah, it was really sad. I never want to imagine such things happen to my home ):