Saturday, November 14, 2009

[Hello Rookie 2009] Results

Leaving the hall in a weird way of walking after standing for 8 hours, I bring you here the results from the Hello Rookie End of the Year Performance.

The first award, the Popularity Award which was chosen through internet polls, went to 좋아서하는밴드 (Joa-Band). The Special Award went to Telepathy. And the Daesang, the Grand Award went to Appollo 18 (whose name -what I certainly found out now- is to be spoken korean, making the '18' 'shibpal' and let it sound like 'sshipal', a korean cussword).

No award for 'Indiedol' No Reply? 'Indieworld's old aged idols' even had a banner from their fanclub - the only banner there. But after all everyone can decide who his personal favorite Rookie was - They all showed a great performance and I am sure it was a win for everyone.

2 comments:

helikoppter said...

Wow, 8 hours? Hope you had a great time! Too bad you didn't get to see No Reply win anything though.

Are Joa-Band actually that popular? I checked out some video at Hyang when they released their EP but didn't like what I heard at all and so never mentioned it at Indieful ROK. Then I picked it up at GMF anyway (why I don't know), but after walking past the stage when they were playing it was obvious they were definitely not for me (ended up sending that CD out with the rest in that draw I had). Of course I know everybody can't share my taste in music and I usually have at least some understanding for why something I don't like is a favorite of others, but Joa-Band? Really?

wassereis said...

I saw Sungwan hopping a turn, not knowing how to 'rock it', that made up for all the pain in my legs♥

they seemed quite popular to me there. they had a head to head race with No Reply concerning the internet votes.
actually, I don't know either. I think they won a part through being sympathic and funny but during their performance I actually thought they were not that bad and it's just that you maybe have to understand the lyrics in order to understand the way of their music but taking a short look at the lyrics I can't really say anything, too many unknown vocabulary, maybe I should do some effort to find out.